June 2023 – Round 5 FINAL INSTRUCTIONS
Please we ask yet again, to help us to help you to help yourselves by being organised with all the appropriate paperwork, licences, Parent/ Guardian etc. when checking in on Saturday/Sunday morning.
To check in on Saturday for practice and Sunday if not doing practice day. Please make sure you have signed on. Emails will be going out over next few days to remind those of you that have not signed on yet. Please do not reply to the email regarding the meeting as this is automated.
Friday 9th June (Set up day)
– Gates will open from 10:30
– Flood lights will be off from 22:00 or maybe sooner.
– Anyone arriving after lights off must park on grass area gate house and wait until staff arrive on Saturday morning or park around the Willows on the other side of circuit. Please do not park in a pit bay in the main paddock unless you have booked. When parking up please park sensibly to allow enough room for everyone.
Saturday 10th June (Practice Day)
– Gates will open from approx. 06:30
– Clubhouse open from 07:30 for checking in.
– First practice will commence at 10:00. First practice group to be on grid for 09:55. There will be a drivers briefing for Rotax classes during the afternoon, before your heats.
Sunday 11th June (Race Day)
– Gates will open from approx. 06:30
– Clubhouse open from 07:30 for checking in (only for those not attending on Saturday)
– Drivers briefing will be held on start finish line at approx. 08:45. Please remember it is mandatory for all drivers, PG license holders and team entrants to attend. At the discretion of the clerk of the course roll calls will be taken to ensure attendance.
– Racing will commence at 10:30. First session to be on grid for 09.50.
PARKING & PADDOCK SAFETY
– The main paddock area is exclusively for use by people with a pre-booked pit bay. Please do not park in one if you haven’t booked it or found out from the club if it is available. Some people with annual pit bays only do the race day and turn up Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Additional pit space is available in the area around turn 1 and behind the willows. For weekend Pit Bay availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Only working vehicles are permitted in the paddock area and all working vehicles MUST be parked within the confines of your pit space.
– Annual pit bay holders please ensure you display your pit pass at all times. If you haven’t received by now, please ask in Race Control.
– The roadways within the paddock area must be kept clear at all times to allow for emergency access. If at any time during the day a roadway is blocked the event will be stopped and will not resume until the roadway is clear.
– All other vehicles and spectator vehicles must be parked sensibly in the parking area to the right of the main gate along the tree line. At all times obeying any instructions given by HKRC officials.
– Signing on will need to be completed via your Alpha account prior to the event.
– Please ensure that your license photographs are uploaded to your profile.
– Please ensure that your PG licence and photographs are uploaded to your Alpha profile.
– All competitors and PG license holders will need to check in with race control on practice day. Anyone not checked in by 08.45 on Sunday that wasn’t at practice will be withdrawn from the meeting.
– Scrutineering forms must be completed on the Alpha system. These forms MUST be completed by 9:00 on SUNDAY. If for any reason you have difficulty completing, please see the Chief Scrutineer before 9:00 Sunday morning.
– Our scrutineering team will be conducting safety checks during Saturday. If they have not seen your kart, please let them know so they can complete the check.
– Tyre bar codes will also need to be scanned during Saturday. Please take your tyres down to scrutineering.
– ALL CLASSES AS PER MSUK GOLD BOOK 2023 REGULATIONS.
– Scales will be closed during the practice session on Sunday morning to allow extra time for racing. If you wish to weigh you can do so before practice commences. Due to inclement weather and daylight hours this month cadet classes will run together for the practice and heats if there is enough time we will split for the final at the discretion of the Clerk of the course.
– At all times whilst on site please follow the instructions given by HRKC or Motorsport UK officials.
– Engines can be started in the Assembly Area without excessive revving. We would prefer if you started engines on the dummy grid once kart is on the ground to help the club keep the neighbours happy. Or unless you have permission from the Chief Scrutineer to do otherwise.
– Please be respectful to our neighbours in the surrounding villages. Please keep to the speed limit.
– Dogs must be kept securely within your awning space and must not be walked in the fields surrounding the track or in the paddock area.
– There will be a Drivers briefing for Saturday practice available to read via your Alpha account all drivers practicing must read the briefing.
– Beware of the land drains they have been there for a while now and have markers in place.
We hope you all have an enjoyable weekend with us at HKRC.
Hunts Kart Racing Club is run and organised in our spare time as we all have full time jobs so, please be patient when waiting for replies to emails. Please do not email the info email regarding entries or memberships a lot of emails end up in spam which is not checked very often and will probably be too late for us to reply before the meeting. Entry and membership requirements need to be sent to email@example.com
The Club needs volunteers to help out at Race meetings if you feel that you can help the club in any way either becoming part of the committee or marshalling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or come and see us in race control.
If you are interested or would like to reserve a Pit Bay for 2023, please email Sarah at email@example.com
HKRC ONLY ORGANISE RACE MEETINGS ONCE A MONTH FOR CLUB MEMBERS AND DRIVERS THAT HOLD A MOTORSPORT UK LICENCE. UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE NOT A CORPORATE CIRCUIT AND CANNOT OPERATE AT ANY OTHER TIME.